- Rust Inhibitor CP-90 is a recommended and approved corrosion CPC product
used on vehicles. The CP-90 product, in addition to its conventional areas
of benefits (seams, joints, dissimilar metals, internal cavities, flash
rust control), can be used on vehicles and equipment for line of sight
applications for ocean transportation, long-term storage or any other
situation that is in highly corrosive areas. It is not necessary to apply
CP-90 to the rubber, fiberglass or Kevlar composites.
is applied to a vehicle, the vehicle should be
allowed to cure for a minimum period of 48 hours and then any excess product
should be washed off.
For washing and removal of CP-90, consider the following:
1. Use an environmentally approved biodegradable mild degreaser such as
VPW SC-1000 or SC-Aircraft.
2. Use water temperatures between 100 - 200 F.
3. Use pressure washer capable of 2000 to 3500 psi.
4. Pressure washer tip should be kept 18 inches away from surface.
5. For instances where pressure washers cannot be utilized, wipe down
If uncertain as to the necessity of washing the vehicle, usually wash:
1. After shipments arrive at their port of destination.
2. After long term storage.
3. After return from a maintenance motor pool.Following this procedure
maximizes readiness and reduces O/S costs, while ensuring the CARC service
is well within all guidelines as per ARLs reporting.
an exterior surface after CP-90 has been applied, clean the surface with
a preparation solvent as usual. Prime within 1 to 2 hours before CP-90
is allowed to creep and return, then top-coat as per paint manufacturers
directions and then re-apply the CP-90 product.
six (6) to nine (9) months - in corrosion prone environments such as coastal
or heavy industrial areas
2. Yearly - in the Rust Belt (Northeast U.S.)
3. Every two to three years - West & South
4. As required to corroded vehicles
5. Immediately after exposure to extreme environmental factors such as
salt water wash, acid bath, sandstorm, etc.
a friendly voice, call during our hours of operation:
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST
(Eastern Standard Time)
Wood Tech Enterprises
Our website: www.woodtechtooling.com
P.O. Box 2226
Fairview, NC 28730 USA
15 Khristy Scott Lane
Fairview, NC 28730 USA
Copyright © 1998-2011 Wood Tech Enterprises, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective
owners. Wood Tech is not responsible for typographical errors. Prices
are subject to change. All prices are in U.S. Dollars.